Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pico De Gallo

Ok, so I know this is a super simple recipe BUT it is always a favorite around my house and a great alternative OR compliment to salsa.  Here is the BASIC recipe:
3 Tomatoes
1 medium to large onion
1 - 2 jalapenos
1-2 garlic cloves
lime juice (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)

Chop all ingredients but not too finely.  The point to pico de gallo is that it is chunky and not covered in sauce.
Today I have added 4 mini sweet peppers to really freshen up the taste.  Another great way to make it a cool treat is to add some cucumber.  Another few faves to add are mango and or pineapple.  Just depends on what you are in the mood for!  Here's a pic:

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm taking the recipe. I love me some fresh pico de gallo (with Pineapples + extra jalopenos). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm...This is one of our favorites too! Looks good jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete