Monday, February 21, 2011

A Little Intro...

For the past six months or so I have been decorating cakes/cupcakes.  Its one of those things that I say to myself "Why didn't I start this years ago?"  I love it!  I of course have a lot to learn, but I love it! Perhaps it was because I wasn't a stay at home mom, I was working long hours as a dental assistant and any spare time I had was spent with my husband.  Once I had my son, Johnathan, who is now 9 months old, and I got used to being at home, I really needed a hobby.  I thought my time would be taken up with shopping but we don't make enough money to buy anything whenever I want ( I don't know many who do) and window shopping is only fun for a little while; long walks to lose the baby weight but western washington is just too cold; ( I know, I know...there are other ways to work out but lets just save the fat subject another post...or never ;) ) coffee and outings with other stay at home moms but thats just not realistic too often.  So I prayed and was granted a new hobby.  ( Yes, I pray. Constantly. ) Here's what I have done so far:










In March I will be making selling cupcakes and cookies for donations to a Relay for Life Event.  Of course, I think it would be awesome to make a little money for our family in the future.  OR a NEW KITCHEN?!?   I mean, seriously. Look:  pegboard walls!!  It must have been a man who designed this hideous space. My microwave is hanging from chains for goodness sake and that green looks like bright pea soup.  Not to be ungrateful for a working kitchen but I LIVE in this space.  I would like it prettier.

On another note, I wanted to share a picture of my oh-so-handsome husband, Scott, myself (Hi!) and our itty bitty, Johnathan.


1 comment:

  1. Yay...I'm your first follower :) Give me a few days and I'll blog about your new blog!

    ReplyDelete